Friday, October 24, 2008

The deer hunt


Well I have been really sick for the past 4 weeks. Several months ago however, I purchased a deer tag to go deer hunting for my first time. I really did not feel that great but on opening morning, my husband told me that if I wanted to go that he would be my guide and do all the dirty work of the hunt. All I had to do was just shoot it. I had not been out of the house for 3 weeks, other than to go to the hospital, so I decided to give it a try. We went out early in the morning and went out to Jamie's stomping grounds. Since I didnt feel great, we decided to just stalk and stop(road hunt). Luckily for me, within the first hour, we seen a group of deer with one buck in it. I mainly just wanted to hunt for the meat so I didnt really care how big it was. The buck we seen was a 3 point. I missed my first two shots because it was running and too far away but got him on the next shot. When we got to the deer, he still had velvet on his horns! Very unusual for this time of year. I had a great time getting out of the house and mainly spending some well needed time with my hubby.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Congrats on getting a dear! You are quite the hunter (and fisher). I hope you get feeling better!

Michelle said...

Angie! Wow. I haven't seen you for years! Looks like life is going well for you. Congrats on the deer hunt. My husband will be jealous. He's been sick for weeks too so between hospital visits, tests and the truck breaking down, he was pretty much out of luck. Of course I don't mind you peeking - I'm glad you did. Fun how small the blogging world is, uh? Thanks for saying hi! I'll add you to my contacts, if that's ok.

Jensen Family said...

Yeah I am so excited you joined, you will have to keep this updated when I quite so I still know what you are up to.

Willie E. said...

It's good to see lady hunters out there! Congrats on the successful hunt! I'm bummed because I purchased the Sportsmans's package for all species here in Idaho.....went fishing 3 times. No turkey, salmon, steelhead, bear, mtn. lion, deer, elk, etc. Just fish 3 times. I keep telling myself next year will be the year. It's good to see you feeling better Angie! Keep up the good work on your blog.